My fellow Thomasian,
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Michael Angelo “Mike” E. Malicsi, Director of the University of Santo Tomas Office for Alumni Relations. I have the privilege of informing you of the forthcoming Activities and Highlights of the Quadricentennial Anniversary of our alma mater in 2011. While the Quadricentennial Activities and Highlights are spread throughout 2011 and 2012, there are two (3) primary activities that you should not miss:
27 January 2011 (Thursday); Football Field and Parade Ground, UST Campus
QUADRICENTENNIAL GRAND PROGRAM
1. Simultaneous Activities of the alumni at the lobby of the different buildings organized by the faculties and colleges. These activities are photo opportunities, tour of the building, and signing of the alumni welcome board.
2. Registration for the 40,000 Voice for 2012 Program (whole day).
3. Unveiling of the Tetraglobal Monument and countdown to midnight
4. Presentation of the 400 titles with the UST Coffee Table Book as the 400th title
5. Grand Program at 8:00 p.m.
6. Fireworks at 12:00 m.n.
Ticket rates for this event are PhP 1,000, PhP 500, and PhP 200.
28 January 2011 (Friday); Plaza Mayor, UST Campus
QUADRICENTENNIAL CONCELEBRATED THANKSGIVING MASS AND GRAND DINNER
1. Registration for the 40,000 Voices for 2012 (whole day).
2. Grand Procession in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary at 5:00 p.m.
3. Concelebrated Thanksgiving Mass at 6:00 p.m.
4. Grand Dinner for the Thomasian community and alumni
Ticket rate for this event is PhP 1,500.
29 January 2011 (Saturday); UST Campus
GRAND THOMASIAN FAMILY DAY
1. Formation of “400 Years UST” at the Football Field and Parade Ground
2. Fair and other student activities
3. Registration for the 40,000 Voices for 2012 (whole day).
4. Noon-time show
Admission is free. The Grand Thomasian Family Day shall also be open to the alumni who wish to put up stalls or kiosks for food or merchandise. Please contact the Office for Alumni Relations for terms and concessions.
Registration fee for the 40,000 Voices for 2012 is at PhP 500 inclusive of the official T-shirt, CD containing the songs to be sung, and libretto. This activity aims to be enlisted in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Other details such as seat plan and programme will be furnished to you very soon. An online reservation and payment shall be put up as well in due time. For now, you may initially let me know of your attendance and how many of you are coming. I also ask you to spread this information.
Indeed, these are exciting times. We are blessed because our alma mater, the oldest in Asia, is celebrating her 400th anniversary during our lifetime. We should take the opportunity to be part of this, part of history, part of the Lord’s unending grace.
With my best wishes,
MICHAEL ANGELO E. MALICSI
Director, Office for Alumni Relations (OAR)
Faculty Member of English and Literature
University of Santo Tomas
Room 108, Ground Floor, Office for Alumni Relations
Main Building, UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS
España, Manila 1015
Telephone Numbers: 63.2.743.92.70 / 63.2.406.1611 local 8571 & 8556
<mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org>
"Every drop in the ocean can create millions of ripples on its surface."
Stronger Alumni Ties, Greater Thomasian Pride